Deprecated: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in /home/bestfloorjackgui/public_html/wp-content/plugins/go_pricing/go_pricing.php on line 346
There is a sense of pride that you get when you are able to work in your on your vehicle. Finding the best mechanics creeper would be one of the best ways to ensure that you are able to access the underneath of the vehicle without difficulty. Without a creeper, you would be forced to keep kneeling and scooting from one place to other, which can be tedious and cause a whole lot of pain.
The car creeper will also improve your efficiency when you need to work on your vehicle. The fact that you can move around while laying it will save you so much time. There are so many different types of mechanics creeper and for a first timer, it may be quite confusing to find the right one. There are some creepers that have other advanced features and can fold up and be converted into a seat.
Generally, a garage creeper should be padded and have some wheels to help you move around. With so many different brands and models on the market, one may wonder which one would suit their needs in the best way possible. As such, we have put together this guide so as to help you find the right automotive creeper. We will review various models such that you can easily find one that serves your needs in the best way possible.
Our Top Pick 5 Mechanics Creepers Comparison Chart
- Price : $$$
- Product Dimensions : 47 x 25.5 x 6.8 inches
- Origin : China But 100% American!
- Item Weight : 18 pounds
- Warranty : Check Product Page
- Price : $$$
- Product Dimensions: 41 x 21 x 6.8 inches
- Origin : USA
- Item Weight : 26.9 pounds
- Warranty : Check Product Page
- Price : $$$
- Product Dimensions : 40 x 16 x 5.5 inches
- Origin : Not Mention
- Item Weight : 16.3 pounds
- Warranty : Check Product Page
- Price : $$
- Product Dimensions : 40 x 18 x 7.5 inches
- Origin : China
- Item Weight : 23 pounds
- Warranty : Check Product Page
- Price : $$
- Product Dimensions : 43 x 7 x 23 inches
- Origin : China
- Item Weight : 1.8 ounces
- Warranty : Check Product Page
Which is the Best Mechanics Creeper?
Shopping for a creeper of a mechanic stool can be interesting and confusing at the same time. With different models and brands on the market, one may really be confused on the one that would be the best for them. Below we have reviewed some of the best mechanics creepers on the market. We hope that this can help you make an informed decision on the best option to buy.
Dale Adams Enterprises The Bone 6031 Mechanics Creeper
The bone creeper is a popular car creeper and the fact that it is made in America makes it a preferred choice for most mechanics. Initially, it was referred to as Captain Creeper, but after a while, the unique shape, in the form of a bone gave it is named. The bone shape of this mechanics creeper makes it easier to use underneath the vehicle and it grants you the support you would need. It is quite low as it will have your body only 1-inch above the ground, which means that you can even use the low profile cars.
It comes with big wheels that roll with a lot of ease and the outboard is quite stable, giving you a sturdy working platform. Due to its stability, you can hardly fall over when using this automotive creeper. It comes with a rib-reinforced body, which is made using modern co-polymer. It is smooth and made in a one piece design and as such, you will not have any pinch points or cracks. The unique design of the Bone Creeper 6031 will give you exceptional access to the underside of your vehicle.
The wheels are the most important part of this creeper, in most models, this would be the weakest point. The wheels measure 5 1/8 inches and have well lubricated bearings which will make it easy to move around with this creeper. Due to the huge size of the wheels, they flow easily, without being stopped by tiny objects. The creeper is made of cad-plated steel caster frames with dual bearing swivels. The overall length is 47 inches and 25 ½ inches wide, with a ground clearance of 1 ¾ inches. It weighs 18 pounds, which enhances the overall stability.
The Bone 6031 Mechanics Creeper Features
- The bone creeper is 100% American, which is an assurance of quality and due to its low profile, it will not tip you over.
- The huge 5” wheels will make it possible for you to move on any type of surface and will not get stuck easily. The wheels come with TPE tires.
- The weight of the bone creeper 6031 is 18 lbs., which is convenient and will move easily. It can support up to 300 pounds of weight.
- The dimensions are 47 inches long by 25 ¾ inches wide and the bone design is quite comfortable.
- It is made of a high quality polypropylene copolymer, which is durable and also makes it easier to clean it as the dirt will come off without too much of a struggle.
USA Made – Professional 44″ Either End Adjustable Creeper (MTL2UP) – by Whiteside Manufacturing
If you are looking for an adjustable creeper, then this would be the best mechanics creeper to go for. The Professional 44″ Either End Adjustable Creeper (MTL2UP) is made Whiteside Manufacturing and is known to be one of the most reliable creepers on the market. The fact that it can be adjusted is the biggest advantage and it is also known to be quite solid, due to the overall construction. This is considered to be the best creeper for the professionals as it is quite flexible and can recline as a chair.
The Professional 44″ Either End Adjustable Creeper (MTL2UP) comes with ¾ inch steel tubing, which is powder coated. This will prevent it from rusting and enhances the longevity of the mechanic stool. There are rollers which measure 2 ½ inches, in size and they are fully resistant to oil. The body of this car creeper is made of heavy duty vinyl, which is easy to clean as the dirt wipes off easily.
It is quite comfortable and will reduce the fatigue that you would ordinarily get when working on the underside of the vehicle. Remember that due to its adjustable nature, you can choose to work on it while laying down and you enjoy utmost comfort. You will have a 2.5” ground clearance and this is quite useful. As long as you are below 300 pounds, then you can use the Professional 44″ Either End Adjustable Creeper (MTL2UP) without any problems.
The creeper is adjustable on either end, which means that you can easily fit under any place. The overall length of this garage creeper is 44 inches and it is made of heavy duty steel, which is not vulnerable to rust and other solvents. It is fully padded to enhance your comfort and has an ideal headrest, which will give you exceptional support when working underneath your vehicle.
USA Made – Professional Either End Adjustable Creeper Features
- This adjustable creeper can be adjusted to both ends and this makes it easier to fit it in hard to reach places.
- It is made of heavy duty steel and has a ¾ inch steel tubing on the frame a powder coat, which will prevent any form of rust.
- The Professional 44″ Either End Adjustable Creeper (MTL2UP) can support weights of up to 300 pounds comfortably.
- It is fully padded, which gives you exceptional comfort and comes with a headrest to enhance the support. The heavy duty vinyl is easy to clean.
- It comes with 6 rollers, which swivel easily and give you a ground clearance of 2 ½ inches.
Williams 42301 Heavy Duty Drop Shoulder Creeper
Any heavy duty creeper would amount to the best mechanics creeper and the Williams 42301 Heavy Duty Drop Shoulder Creeper is an excellent example of such creepers. The Snap-On model is low profile as it has the ground clearance of 2 inches, which makes it possible to use it on low profile vehicles. It has been designed in such a manner that it will enhance your efficiency. The drop-rail design gives you great clearance for your arms and shoulders.
This is a truly heavy duty as it is made of 16 gauge and ¾ inch square stock steel. As such, you can rest assured that this car creeper will last for a very long time, without getting damaged. In addition, as far as the comfort goes, it has a 1-inch padding on the bed and 2 inches padding on the headrest. The headrest is meant to enhance the support and comfort that you will enjoy. With such a high level of padding, you can be able to work for longer hours laying on the creeper without muscle aches.
It is made in the United States of America, which is a quality assurance. Any professional mechanic will tell you that if you want the best of quality, you should for American mechanics creeper. As for mobility, the creeper comes with 6 hooded casters that measure 2.5 inches, in diameter. This will protect your clothing from getting grease and dirt when working on your vehicle. As such, you can easily move from one point to another, without having to come out and then slide back in.
With the exceptional arm and shoulder clearance of the Williams 42301 Heavy Duty Drop Shoulder Creeper, you will have enough room to move your arms and reach to various components that are on the underside of the vehicle. This is definitely a good creeper to consider and you will not be disappointed.
Williams 42301 Heavy Duty Creeper Features
- The fact that it is made in America is a big plus for this mechanics creeper, as you are assured of exceptional quality.
- The low profile design is quite convenient if you have lowered vehicles as it will allow resting only 2 inches from the ground.
- The frame of this heavy duty creeper is made of 16 gauge, ¾ inch square stock steel, which makes it durable and strong.
- As far as the comfort goes, there is a 1 inch padding on the bed and the headrest has 2 inches of padding.
- There are six casters, which are 2.5 inches in diameter and are hooded so as to protect your attire from grease and dirt.
Omega 91000 Black 40″ Foldable Z Creeper
When shopping for the best mechanics creeper, it would be advisable to find one that has versatile features. The Omega 91000 creeper is one such creeper it is a 2-in-1 model, which is quite impressive. You can easily convert it to a mechanic stool or unfold it and use it as an ordinary creeper. This means that you can easily use it for all vehicle repairs while seated and also use it to crawl to the underside of the vehicle.
Another crucial benefit with this creeper is the fact that it has a very thick bed, which will give you the comfort that you need to work longer hours. Whether you are a professional or not, this is a great advantage. The 6 swivel casters give you the mobility that you will need to get in and out of the underside of the vehicle. This will ensure that you are not subjecting your back to unnecessary discomfort.
The Z creeper has a heavy duty frame which is made of all steel and comes with a seat that measures 14 by 12 inches. It can comfortably support 450 pounds of weight and with the proper use, you can be sure that it will last for a very long period of time. It also has a well-padded headrest which will also be transformed into the sitting position, without the use of any tools.
This garage creeper is 41 inches long, which means that an average human would be able to fit on it comfortably. Whether you are getting ordinary repairs done or need to access tight areas, then the Omega creeper will serve the purpose. The fact that it folds into a Z- shape is one of the most remarkable features of this creeper and you will enjoy the ease of use and convenience with this creeper.
Omega 91000 Foldable Z Creeper Features
- The Z creeper got its name from the fact that it can be folded in Z shape and be used as a mechanic stool. You will not need any tools to convert it.
- It comes with 6 casters, which are 3 inches in size and enhance the mobility when working on your vehicle.
- The Omega 91000 creeper has thick cushions which enhance your comfort, whether you are seated or laying on the bed.
- It has the capacity to support weights of up to 450 pounds, which is quite impressive and the size of the seat is 14 by 12 ¼ inches.
- When you buy this creeper, you can be sure that it will serve you for a very long time as it is made of 40” steel frame.
Traxion 1-100 ProGear Wide Body Creeper
This Traxion creeper has really set the benchmark for comfort, mobility, and functionality quite high. This is one of the models that easily ranks as the best mechanics creeper due to the various features that it carries. The huge 5-inch casters are quite remarkable and make it easier to maneuver even when on rough surfaces. You will be able to get from one point to another without having to leave the creeper, which will enhance your efficiency.
Besides the large wheels, this mechanics creeper has an outrigger frame, with a very low profile. As such, you will be able to access the underside of even the ground hugging vehicles without much difficulty. It comes with a very wide body drop deck, which does not have a pinch point for the torso, enhancing your comfort. Additionally, the Traxion 1-100 ProGear has a deck that is well contoured so as to provide great comfort.
There is adequate padding in all the relevant places and this will ensure that you are supported properly and this will reduce any cases of fatigue. This will allow working for longer periods, thereby increasing productivity. It also has lumbar support and the overall frame is extra wide. The huge casters will easily pass over any objects that hinder other types of creepers from moving. When you look at the design and all the features of this car creeper, you will realize that it is designed to provide utmost comfort and increase productivity.
This is a mechanic stool that focuses on your safety and provides the necessary support. As long as you have this creeper, you will be able to access the hard to reach parts that are on the underside of the vehicle without much difficulty. Due to the solid construction, it has the capacity to support up to 401 pounds of weight comfortably.
Traxion 1-100 ProGear Creeper Features
- The Traxion creeper has a low profile design, which allows you to access the underside of vehicles, including the ones with a low profile.
- The drop deck design has no pinch points and it is well padded so as to enhance the overall comfort when you are laying on it.
- It comes with an extra wide deck that is well contoured, with the emphasis being on the comfort level that you will get from this creeper.
- It has the huge casters, which are 5 inches and this makes mobility achievable since the wheels roll over small objects that may be on the way.
- It has a load capacity rating of 401 pounds, which is ideal as it accommodates most people.
Lisle 97102 Black Plastic Creeper
The Lisle 97102 black plastic creeper is one of those items that you would be happy to have in your garage. This works perfectly as a mechanics creeper and can be used by any vehicle owner as well as professional mechanics. The design of the deck is engineered in such a manner that it accommodates your body adequately. All measures have been put in place to ensure that you will get utmost comfort when using this car creeper.
With a ground clearance of less an inch, 7/8” to be specific, it is truly a low profile best mechanics creeper. This makes it easy to get under all types of vehicles including the high performance and racing cars which tend to have a very low body frame. It is 2 inches longer than the standard creepers on the market and has rollers that are urethane, which is inserted into the bushings, made of steel. The bushings are part of the body of the creeper and this will make it easier to replace them and they enhance the overall stability.
The surface of the Lisle creeper is easy to clean and maintain and even where there are fuels, greases, and other solvents, it would be easy to clean using soapy water. The resistant surface is what makes it easier to clean. When you get this garage creeper, it will solve a whole lot of problems and reduce your back pains when you have to work on the underside of the vehicle.
You should consider getting this as an essential necessity in your home garage or even your auto shop. With this creeper, you will be able to carry out tasks like oil change and other routine repairs with a whole lot of ease. The rollers will enhance mobility and allow you to achieve your results in a very short period of time.
Lisle 97102 Plastic Creeper Features
- The Lisle 97102 black plastic creeper has a design that fits the body as it was made after testing different types of the body so as to provide excellent comfort.
- This is one of the lowest creepers as it has a ground clearance of 7/8 inches, which makes it easier to use of low profile vehicles.
- The Lisle creeper comes with urethane rollers, which are conveniently inserted into the steel bushings. The bushings are molded into the body of this mechanics creeper.
- Overall, the plastic creeper is made of high quality parts, making it quite sturdy and the replacement of the rollers is quite easy.
- It has a resistant surface which makes it easier to clean off grease, fuels and other solvents, without too much of an effort.
How to Buy a Quality Mechanics Creeper?
If you have been using a piece of cardboard to slide under the car, then it is time to style up and get the best mechanics creeper. This will come with a whole lot of advantages like reducing fatigue and pains on your back and neck. The car creeper gives you excellent support when working on the underside of the vehicle. When shopping for a mechanics creeper, there are certain things that you need to pay keen attention to.
Here are some of the main factors to consider when buying a garage creeper:
- Rollers/ Casters/ Wheels:
The first thing to consider is the type of wheels that they have. Ideally, a creeper is meant to make work easier for you than a cardboard. As such, you should be able to roll from one place to another, without necessarily leaving the underside of the car. Look at the design of the wheels and consider their sizes. If you get one with very small wheels, it will get stuck easily. Getting a creeper with big wheels makes it easier to roll even on rough surfaces. Urethane wheels with ball bearings seem to be the best as they tend to last for a very long period of time.
- Load Capacity Rating:
It would be quite devastating if you bought your creeper and the very first time you lie on it breaks as it cannot support your weight. You should look for a creeper that has the ideal weight rating. It is advisable to go for anything that holds 350 pounds and above as this will support most people conveniently.
- Construction Quality:
Take time to inspect the materials that have been used for the specific creeper you intent to buy. You should consider a heavy duty creeper, which will serve you for a very period of time. Some creepers are made of low quality cardboard and as soon as they come into contact with water, they wither away. You can choose creepers made of hard plastic and steel frames as they will hold up for quite a long time.
- Type of Surface:
You should consider a smooth surface that will be easy to clean when it gets dirty. You do not want to end up with something that can rust easily or absorbs fuels and other solvents. Look for a surface made of hard vinyl or powder coated. With such surfaces, cleaning is much easy and in addition to that, you will not have to worry about rust as the surface is resistant.
The other thing that you should look out for is the overall design of the creeper. You would need something that supports your body properly and has great design. In most cases, professionals recommend the one piece design as that will hold together for a long time. There would be no cracks or detached parts, which may end up pinching you and destroying your attire.
The truth of the matter is, the main reason why you would be buying a creeper is to enhance your comfort. If this is not achieved, then you might as well keep using the cardboard. You should be looking at the cushioning on the bed itself as well as the headrest so as to ensure that the padding inadequate and provides you with utmost comfort.
To sum it all, when buying a Best Mechanics Creeper, you should look at all the features that it has. Some of the interesting features to consider include the ability to fold the creeper and convert it to a mechanic stool, adjustable headrests and ground clearance among others. When a creeper has more features, it means that you will get a whole lot of functionality.
With these few pointers, you should be able to buy a high quality creeper, which will serve your needs in the best way possible.
How to Safely Use a Mechanics Creeper?
Once you have successfully managed to buy a mechanics creeper, you need to learn how to use it properly. One of the key things that you should never compromise on is your safety. This should be at the forefront and in order to achieve that, here are some safety tips that we have put in this guide.
- Before sliding under the car with your creeper, you should ensure that your vehicle is adequately supported. Do not only use a floor jack but also all the other essential accessories like jack stands, wheel chocks, and car ramps.
- Wear all the safety protection garments and accessories before commencing the repairs. This will include gloves, eye and head protection among others.
- Have a tray on beside the car creeper. This will come in handy as it allows you to place your tools and components on it so as to access them easily and avoid losing them.
- Ensure that you are working in a safe environment where other vehicles are not passing as they may run over your feet without noticing.
- Before using the creeper, ensure that the rollers are working and where the surface is smooth and does not have any cracks or pinching points.
- When you are not using the automotive creeper, ensure that you hang it safely on the wall. This will prevent any unforeseen accidents or incidents that may occur as a result of leaving it unattended.
- Always clean any grease and solvents that have spilled on the creeper after using it. This will make it easier to use it the next time you need to.
There are so many models of the mechanics creeper and each may appeal to you in one way or another. We have come up with this guide so as to make the whole process easy for you. From the creepers we reviewed above, we recommend the Dale Adams Enterprises The Bone 6031 Mechanics Creeper as the best mechanics creeper. This is due to its versatile nature and incredible features.
If you have loved this article, share it with those that you care for so that they also make informed decisions when buying a car creeper. Feel free to also leave your comment or drop your query below and we will be glad to respond.