You may choose to buy any floor jack, but any professional mechanic will inform you that finding the best Pittsburgh 3 ton floor jack comes with a whole lot of advantages. This is something that you would not want to gamble with, considering the importance of the floor jack. Every manufacturer claims to have the best floor jack and this can be quite confusing for the first timers. One of best ways to ensuring that you have the right model is by looking at the various floor jack reviews.
With a Pittsburgh 3 ton jack, you will be able to raise the vehicle off the ground, giving you enough room to carry out routine maintenance and inspections. With this in mind, you should ensure that you go for the best floor jack for the money, which will guarantee you exceptional performance.
Our Top Pick 3 Ton Floor Jack By Pittsburgh Comparison Chart
- Price: $$$
- Capacity: 3 Ton
- Body: No mention
- Item Weight: 79 pounds
- Warranty : Check Product Page
- Price: $$$
- Capacity: 3 Ton
- Body: No mention
- Item Weight: 78.0 pounds
- Warranty : Check Product Page
- Price: $$$
- Capacity: 3 Ton
- Body: Aluminum
- Item Weight: No mention
- Warranty : Check Product Page
What Is The Best Pittsburgh 3 ton floor jack In 2018?
When you go out in the market, there are so many different types of floor jacks for sale. We are fully aware that you may not have the time to compare all the different models that are on the market and this why we have reviewed some best Pittsburgh jacks to help you make an informed decision and get the best floor jack for the money.
Pittsburgh Automotive 3 Ton Heavy Duty Ultra Low Profile Steel Floor Jack with Rapid Pump Quick Lift
One of the most remarkable features of this Pittsburgh 3 ton jack is the super tough construction, as it is welded using industrial grade finish. It is a heavy duty floor jack, which the capacity to lift loads of up to 3 tons. The minimum height is 2 7/8 inches, which makes it ideal for vehicles that have an extra-low profile. The maximum height is 19 ¾ inches, which is quite convenient irrespective of the type of work that is to be carried out.
The dual piston rapid pump technology will make it easier for the Pittsburgh automotive floor jack to lift loads to the maximum height in about 3 ½ pumps. This is quite impressive and makes lifting of vehicles effortless. The length of the handle is 45 ¼ inches, which makes it easier to pump the floor jack while standing. It has an overall weight of 71.7 pounds, which gives it the required stability to support the loads.
The universal joint release mechanism will enhance the precision when it comes to loading control, irrespective of the height and position of the handle. When you turn the handle counter-clockwise you will lower the load slowly and in a precise manner. It comes with steel casters that are wider than usual and these will also provide additional stability.
With the 2 piece design of the handle, you will have a whole lot of convenience when it comes to the storage of the floor jack. In order to protect the vehicle’s finish from any damage, the handle has a foam bumper, which will cushion the vehicle and other elements. The saddle also has a rubber padding, which serves the same purpose and ensures that the floor jack does not cause any damage to the vehicle.
Pittsburgh Automotive 3 Ton Low Profile Steel Floor Jack Features
- These Pittsburgh 3 ton floor jack is quite tough and strong as it has been made to meet industrial quality for professional use.
- The rapid pump is an exclusive feature of the brand and this comes with a dual parallel pump that allows you to lift the load in 3 ½ pumps.
- With a minimum lifting range of 2 7/8, this Pittsburgh automotive floor jack is ideal for vehicles with an extra low profile.
- The weight of the floor jack is 71.7 pound, which gives it great stability. This is also enhanced by the extra-wide steel casters.
- It comes with a two piece knurled steel handle that gives you a firm grip and has a foam bumper to protect the vehicle from marring, scratching and any other form of damage.
3 ton Steel Heavy Duty Floor Jack with Rapid Pump by USATNM
When using a floor jack, everyone wants something that is effective and required minimal effort to lift the vehicle. The rapid pump made up of dual parallel pump system on this Pittsburgh floor jack allows you to lift your load in 3 ½ pumps. As far as losing the load goes, you will need just ½ a turn and this will release the floor jack to lower the load in a slow motion.
The all-welded steel construction makes this floor jack to be firm and sturdy. There is a universal joint release mechanism, which will provide you with absolute load control in any position and angle of the handle. The two piece aluminum handle is knurled, which gives you an excellent grip when pumping the floor jack. In addition, to this, the handle has a foam bumper, which is meant to protect the finish of the vehicle from any damage.
The minimum height of the saddle is 5 inches, which is a great height for high vehicles like trucks and SUVs. The maximum height, under max load of 3 tons, for this Pittsburgh heavy duty 3 ton floor jack, is 18 ¼ inches. With an average weight of 68.9 pounds, it is quite stable and the extra wide steel casters will also serve the purpose of enhancing the stability of the floor jack during use.
Besides the super tough construction, this floor jack meets all the international quality standards, making it the best Pittsburgh 3 ton floor jack. There is a protective rubber pad on the saddle of the floor jack, which is meant to protect the vehicle and its components. This will also enhance the contact with the load and minimize the possibility of the floor jack slipping, during use.
3 ton Steel Heavy Duty Floor Jack by USATNM Features
- The all-welded steel construction makes this heavy duty floor jack quite sturdy and stable.
- The Pittsburgh 3 ton jack has a variable lifting range of 5 inches to 18 ¼ inches and will be able to support loads of up to 3 tons heavy.
- The rapid pump technology allows you to lift your load with only 3 ½ strokes on the pump. This is as a result of the dual parallel pumps on this floor jack.
- The extra-wide casters on this model of the Pittsburgh heavy duty 3 ton floor jack enhance the overall stability
- With the universal joint release mechanism, you will be able to get exceptional load control, irrespective of the angle of the handle.
Pittsburgh Automotive 3 Tons Aluminum Racing Floor Jack With Rapid Pump
This is a Pittsburgh 3 ton aluminum floor jack that is known for its high performance as an aluminum racing jack. It is made of high quality aluminum, which enhances the overall quality and strength of the floor jack when it is under a load. The dual parallel pump system is a technology that has been made possible by the rapid pump technology. This racing jack is quite effective and any vehicle owner will find it useful to a very large extent.
Lifting loads with this 3 ton aluminum floor jack are quite easy and safe. It has universal joint release mechanisms, which will give you the ultimate control when you are lifting your loads. For quick pit stops, you will need a ½ turn release to use the floor jack. The pit crew design makes it ideal for anyone who has racing jack needs. It is made from aircraft grade aluminum that has a sapphire anodized finish, making it a top preference for most professional mechanics.
The floor jack has been made such that it meets all the international quality standards, which means that you can buy with all the confidence. The two piece aluminum handle is knurled up, which will enhance your grip. It also has a foam bumper, which is aimed at protecting all the components of the vehicles on the underside from any form of damage. The rubber saddle will also protect the vehicle and enhance the contact with the load so as to prevent slippage.
While the overall weight of the floor jack is 55 pounds, it has the capacity to support loads of up to 3 tons. The lifting range is from 3 5/8 to 19 ¼ inches, which accommodates a wide range of vehicles.
3 Tons Aluminum Racing Floor Jack Features
- The 3 ton aluminum floor jack comes with a pit crew design and is made of lightweight aircraft aluminum, with a sapphire anodized finish. It is quite attractive and light in weight.
- The exclusive rapid pump technology has a dual parallel pump system, which will lift your load with fewer lifts.
- The universal joint release will grant you complete control over the load, irrespective of the position of the handle.
- This Pittsburgh 3 ton aluminum floor jack meets all the international quality standards, which will ensure that you will get excellent performance.
- The handle comes in two pieces, for easier storage and has knurled aluminum to give you a great grip. The foam bumper on the handle will protect your vehicle from any damage.
Pointers to Choosing the Right Floor Jack
It is important to know what you need to look for when choosing tools for use. Each tool is used differently and as such, you need to know what to look for in each. With safety being the most important factor you should think of, there are a number of things you need to look out for in the best floor jack in order to ensure the safety of whoever will end up using. The following factors should as your guide when making this decision.
- The Floor Jack’s Substance:
Your substance is what defines what you can achieve. This is the same with a floor jack. There are two metals used to make floor jack: aluminum and steel. However, there are those for which both materials are used to make their substance. Many people choose steel since they believe it is sterner and therefore safer to use.
It is also cheaper making it a more reliable choice since you can find one in practically any hardware store. In truth, aluminum is just as strong and as reliable. The main difference is that it is lighter, therefore, easier to use. This also means that it is more expensive than the steel jack and therefore not as easy to access.
- Maximum Lift Weight:
You determine how useful a floor jack will be to you by defining its maximum weight lift. For the most part, this information will be clear on the floor jack. Knowing your vehicle’s weight from your owner’s manual determines if the floor jack’s maximum lift weight supersedes or at least matches this weight. If this is the case, then you are assured that it can be safely used for your vehicle.
- Your Floor Jack’s Speed:
Once you determine the floor jack’s maximum lift weight, you then need to know its speed. Floor jacks have different speeds. This is calculated by the number of pumps that need to be taken before the floor jack reaches its maximum lift height. Why is this important? You might need to use the floor jack in a hurry. Therefore, the faster it can serve you, the better.
- Lowest Height the Floor Jack:
This determines the minimum height that the Pittsburgh 3 ton floor jack can start working at. This is important because considering how low car models are being made these days, you need a jack that can comfortably work at your car’s lowest level. If it clears higher than your car’s level then you know that it cannot work for you.
- How High Can It Go?
This follows the same principle as the point above. Most jacks lift as high as between 18 inches to about 20 inches off the ground. It is important to know how high the jack can lift your car so you know that even when you need to work on something in the deep parts of your lower car body, you have the tool for it.
How to Safely Use a Floor Jack?
Using a floor jack requires you to take safety precautions. It can be quite a handy tool but it equally lethal. You, therefore, need to ensure that all precautionary measures are taken prior to getting down and using your best floor jack for the money. These are as follows:
- Do not fully rely on your floor jacks to handle the weight of your car. Much as you may have already confirmed that the floor jack can handle the weight of your car, you are safer having something else supporting it. In other words, once you put your floor jacks in place, you need to place a backup support that can handle the weight of your vehicle. This can be either used tires or wooden blocks, or even jack stands even when you have the best floor jack.
- The steadier the surface, the more secure you are. Setting up floor jacks on the soft ground means that you cannot determine the height it lifts since the floor jack can easily sink into the ground. This not only lowers its lift height but could also mean that you can be crushed by the car since the car will follow the Pittsburgh 3 ton jack to the ground. Use the floor jack only on the firm, sturdy solid ground that is steady and not sloping. Sloppy surfaces mean that the car can easily lose balance and tilt causing the jack to lose control and therefore tipping the vehicle down the slope.
- Raise the floor jack’s level gradually. This will prevent casualties brought on by faulty jacks as you will gradually notice the defects of the jack, therefore, enabling you to stop and fix it before fully elevating your vehicle. It also follows that you should lower the jack back to the ground just as gradually. This will prevent accidents brought on by the rapid dropping of the vehicle.
- Ensure that the jacks are used on the appropriate points on the vehicle. In your owner’s manual, you will notice that there are specific points named that can hold the weight of the car. These are the points onto which the Pittsburgh 3 ton floor jack should be fixed. Fixing the floor jack on weak points on the car could easily break these parts causing more damage to your vehicle.
If you want to know “How to keep proper maintenance Your Floor Jack” Go Here https://bestfloorjackguide.com/proper-maintenance-your-floor-jack/
As you may have established, Pittsburgh is a renowned manufacturer and has an amazing floor jack. From the floor jack reviews above, our recommendation is the Pittsburgh Automotive 3 Ton Heavy Duty Ultra Low Profile Steel Floor Jack with Rapid Pump Quick Lift. This is model will not disappoint you and has so many amazing features. If you have found this article to be useful, please do not hesitate to talk to us. Also, feel free to share it around with your friends, who can use this guide to get the best floor jack for the money.