When you venture into the market to look for the best car ramps, you will realize that there so many different brands and models. While this is a good thing as it gives you diversity, it can also be quite confusing and you may not be able to pick ramps for cars to purchase. There are also various factors that should be put into consideration when looking for the most suitable car ramps for sale.
One of the main consideration is the purpose of the auto ramps as well as the amount of weight that it can support. This will help you in making an informed decision on the right vehicle ramps to put consider. When you have a vehicle, there are instances when you will need to work on the underside of the vehicle. When you have a good car ramp, such operations will be much easier as the vehicle is elevated and supported above the ground.
Once you have bought your ramp, you need to ensure that you taking all the safety precautions so as to prevent any dangers. Some of the common tasks that you can carry out conveniently when you have a ramp include changing oil and carrying out other routine checks and maintenance operations.
With a stable ramp for the vehicle, you will not need to use a floor jack or the jack stands. This saves you the trouble and allows you to lift the vehicle to a convenient height. In order to be able to find the right model, we have reviewed some of the top brands. This should serve as an effective guide to help you make an informed decision when you go out to purchase a car ramp.
What’s The Best Car Ramps In 2018
With the market being flooded with tons of vehicle ramps for sale, the process of finding the best car ramps may be too involving and tedious. As such, we have gone out of our way to research and test some models and have come up with some of the best choices out there. Please note that each model has its unique features, which is why you should compare a couple of them before making the final decision. Here are the top models or vehicle ramps, in our opinion:
RhinoGear 11909ABMI RhinoRamps Vehicle Ramp – Pair (12,000lb. GVW Capacity)
If you have a sedan, pickup truck, minivan or SUVs, then the rhino ramps would be a great choice. This is a convenient solution when you want to give your vehicle a quick oil change. With an inclination of 17°, you will get enough room to be able to lift the vehicle to your preferred height. The surface of this car ramps is designed in such a manner that it will grip the treading of the times effectively.
As long as your tire does not have a width of more than 9” then this will be an ideal ramp. The RhinoGear 11909ABMI RhinoRamps Vehicle Ramp is able to support loads of up to 12,000 pounds, which makes it ideal for the most vehicle. It is quite sturdy and can be trusted to support your vehicle without any problems. It has an internal support mechanism, which is a patented polymer and has a wide stance as well. This will distribute the strength evenly and enhance the stability of these vehicle ramps for buy.
The CoreTRAC design is what the company has used to ensure that the base is non-skid. This will ultimately reduce any chances of skidding while in use. The 17° inclination makes these to be ideal low profile car ramps and the vehicles that have low ground clearance can be used with the set. They are portable due to their lightweight and as such, you can easily move them around. They weigh only 19 pounds but have exceptional strength and rigidity.
The rhino vehicle ramps are made of hard plastic, which is of high quality and this will ensure that the ramps last for a very long time. In addition, you will not need to worry about the rust on the ramps, as this is plastic and not metal. This would be a perfect choice and since they are portable, you can easily carry them around with the other vehicle accessories.
RhinoGear Vehicle Ramp Features
- With a very light weight of 19 pounds, the Rhino ramps are easy to carry and move around. While they are lightweight, they can support up to 12,000 pounds of the gross vehicle weight.
- The RhinoGear has a rugged and structural design, which is impressive and the patented CoreTRAC base does not skid and this will alleviate any chances of slippage.
- The surface of the car ramp will work together with the treading on the tires to provide a strong grip, which will keep the vehicle stable, while on the ramps.
- It has a 17 degree inclination, which makes it an excellent choice for the low profile vehicles, as the clearance is adequate.
- This set of vehicle ramps will work well with tires that have a maximum width of 9 inches.
Race Ramps RR-56-2 56″ Race Ramp – 2 Piece
The Race Ramps must be one of the best car ramps on the market as they are known to offer a whole lot of feature. The brand boasts of having reliable and durable race auto ramps that will serve your needs. These car ramps for sale work with a number of vehicles, including sports cars, hatchbacks, pickup trucks, SUVs and so much more. This comes as a set of 2 pieces 56 inch race ramps, which is quite innovative.
This will allow you to get underneath your vehicle conveniently, as the garage ramp is broken into two. This is an ideal set of low profile car ramps, which can be used to perform various tune-ups, changing oil and access other components that are on the underside of the vehicle. The two-piece design gives you more flexibility and mobility as they can be separated. The Race Ramps are quite impressive when it comes to sturdiness and Unscootable.
Irrespective of the type of surface that you will be using, these heavy duty car ramps will stay put and will not slip. If you are working in your garage, this would be the best garage ramp to purchase. In addition to all these amazing features, they also come with straps that will make it easier to carry and store. They have also been designed in such a manner that they will not damage the surface of the floor when you use them to lift your vehicle.
These set of ramps is quite solid and not hollow, like other models. The upper surface is also designed in such a manner that it will allow for good friction with the tire. The dimensions of the Race Ramps RR-56-2 56″ Race Ramp – 2 Piece are 40 inches long, 7.1 inches wide and the highest point is 9.8 inches. They are portable as they only weigh 8.5 pounds. Over and above, this is a worthwhile set of car ramps for purchase to consider.
RR-56-2 56″ Race Ramp Features
- One of the biggest advantages of this race car ramps is the fact that they are very light, which makes them easy to carry and move around.
- The 2-piece design is quite innovative as it makes it easy to access the underside of the vehicle and also simplifies the storage.
- The special construction of Race Ramps is quite unique as the bottom part will not scratch or leave any marks on the floor surface.
- These are the automotive ramps in that they have a solid design, and not hollow, like other models. This makes them reliable to support the vehicle.
- They are Unscootable, which means that they will not slip, irrespective of the type of surface that you are using, even if it is wet.
Nicky Nice Solid Steel Auto Ramp Set
When you have a vehicle, there are certain routine maintenance and repairs that you will need to carry out frequently. When you have the Nicky Nice Solid steel car ramps, most of these things you can do them by yourself and save the cost of having to go to an auto shop. This ramp gives you adequate room to go beneath the vehicle and the best part of it is that comes with 2 sets of heavy gauge steel ramp pieces, which have the capacity to support over 3 tons of load. The two sets are able to handle vehicles with a weight of up to 6500 pounds collectively.
This a flexible vehicle ramps that can be used to handle the weight of most family-size vehicles. They are 335 inches and have a total length of 11 inches. The maximum tire width that the vehicle ramps can handle conveniently is 9 inches. You can be sure of their longevity as they are made of high gauged stamped steel, which makes them durable. In addition to this, they have a powdered coat finish, which will extend the durability and will prevent other hazardous elements like rusting.
These auto ramps have safety ribs on either side and also come with traction holes on the incline. This is meant to secure the grip of the car tires while in use. Fortunately, they are also very light, which makes portable. You can carry them around in your trunk when moving around. Each of the ramps weighs 15 pounds, which as a result of being made of heavy duty steel.
Nicky Nice Solid Steel Auto Ramp Set is considered to be among the best car ramps on the market and would not disappoint you. With these ramps, you can be able to lift your vehicles up to 8 inches off the ground. They are compact in size and as such, they will take a smaller space, when it comes to positioning and storage issues.
Nicky Nice Auto Ramp Set Features
- These steel car ramps have the capacity to handle up to 6500 pounds of the gross vehicle weight.
- The overall construction is quite impressive as they are made from having gauge steel and have a powder coat finish, which will extend the longevity and ensure they are durable.
- The raised safety ribs that are on the sides and the traction holes that are fitted on the incline of the Nicky auto ramps are meant to secure the grip of the tires.
- They are 35 inches long and 11 inches wide. They have the capacity to handle the standard 9” width of vehicle tires.
- The highest point of these auto ramps for sale is 8 inches, which gives you adequate room to access the components that are underneath the vehicle.
Scepter 08226 Plastic Automotive Ramp Set – 2 Piece
There are some people who have the wrong assumption that plastic car ramps are of low quality and cannot be trusted. If this is your thinking, then you have not encountered the Scepter vehicle ramps, which is made superior quality polypropylene plastic. This comes as a set of two ramps, which will be able to lift vehicles of up to 12,000 pounds. These ramps have been designed in such a manner that they can elevate the car up to 6.5 inches high.
While they are made of plastic, they are quite strong and sturdy, which is quite impressive. The other advantage is that they are quite lightweight and this makes it easier to move them around and carry them in your vehicle. Do not be deceived by the fact that they are made in China and assume that they are of poor quality; you can fully trust them to hold your vehicle securely while you work on the underside.
Scepter 08226 Plastic Automotive Ramp Set – 2 Piece have been designed in such a manner that they withstand all weather conditions, without being affected. This plastic will provide an exceptional grip when you need to raise your vehicle. There are plastic stops that have been fitted on the front and rear so as to keep the ramp steady and prevent any cases of slipping around. However, there have been instances when these low profile car ramps seem to skid backward when you try to drive your car on them.
With an ideal weight of 15.8 pounds, you should not have any difficulties in storing them and moving them around. The combination of the all-weather capacity and strong plastic material makes these automotive car ramps stand out from the rest. The good news is that you will not need to spend a fortune to be able to get these ramps and they will give you an exceptional service, just like the pricier models on the market.
Scepter Plastic Automotive Ramp Set Features
- These plastic car ramps are made of polypropylene plastic, which is quite sturdy and firm and will not cave in when supporting loads.
- This set of automotive ramps has the capacity to support the load of 12,000 pounds in as much as they are pretty light in weight.
- There are is a core parabolic arch that has been put through the center of the ramp to enhance support by distributing the weight evenly.
- The Scepter automotive car ramps measure 35 inches long and 9.8 inches wide, with is quite ideal for holding most vehicles.
- With the grid design, these ramps are all-weather and as such, you can use it in the snow, water, and any other form weather element, without compromising the performance.
Aluminum Ramps Truck Trailer car ramps HEAVY DUTY 1- Set, two ramps = 10,000lb capacity 15″ wide (10′) 120″ Long
If you are looking for heavy duty car ramps, then you should consider the Aluminum ramps truck trailer ramps. This comes as one set that has 2 car ramps, which have the capacity to support loads of up to 10,000 pounds, comfortably. The fact that they are made of industrial grade aluminum makes them durable and sturdy. They are pretty light, due to the fact that they are made of aluminum, but this does not compromise their ability to support your vehicle.
The Aluminum ramps truck trailer car ramps heavy duty is made in the USA and is approved by the AWS welders, which means that you can fully trust these vehicle ramps. In most cases, the metal garage ramp are known to be reliable and quite stable. Since they come as two pieces, each of the ramps able to hold 5000 pounds of weight. They are 10 inches long and 15 inches wide, with a thickness of 3.25 inches. This is ideal and will be able to accommodate most vehicles without a problem.
As far as the security of the vehicle goes, there is hybrid hook attachment ends, which will be used to hook the car hauler to the decks and so on. In addition, the plate is wide enough and the serrated cross on the rings, which gives you excellent traction in all types of weather conditions. This will also give you confidence in your safety when you go underneath the vehicle, since you can trust that vehicle is secure.
These aluminum car ramps are also ideal for the low profile vehicles as the inclination will support vehicles that have a low ground clearance. As such, if you are looking for reliable low profile car ramps, you should definitely consider buying the Aluminum truck trailer ramps for heavy duty.
Aluminum Ramps Truck Trailer Car Ramps Features
- Being made of high quality aluminum, these aluminum car ramps are strong and durable and will not disappoint you.
- You can use them on most standard vehicles as they have dimensions of 10 inches long by 10 inches wide.
- The Aluminum truck trailer auto ramps heavy duty are certified and recommended by the AWS welders and are made in the USA, which is an assurance of quality.
- The heavy duty car ramps come as two sets, with each ramp being able to support 5000 pounds, so in total, the set can hold vehicles that weight up to 10,000lb.
- The wide plate serrated cross rungs and the hybrid hook attachments will enhance the grip of the vehicle as they give you optimal traction in any weather condition.
How to buy a Quality Car Ramp?
Having come this far, you must be excited about having gathered sufficient knowledge on the different types of ramps for cars on the market. However, there are still a number of factors that you should consider so as to be able to buy the best car ramps. Some of the things that you consider include the weight of the car, ease of use, portability, the construction as well as the price among other things.
So, here are some of the essential considerations that you should bear in mind when shopping for car ramps for sale.
- Main Use of the Ramps:
There are so many things that you can do with a garage ramp. However, just like any other product, you will find that there some models which are better for certain tasks than others. So you before you can go to the shop for car ramps, you should be very clear on the specific purpose that you need the vehicle ramp for. Do you want something to help you change the oil only? Do want heavy duty ramps? With a clear mind of the main purpose of the car ramp, you should be able to find one that will serve your needs in the best way possible.
- Weight Capacity Rating:
When you want to get car ramps, you should ensure that you are sure of the curb weight of the vehicle, which is commonly referred to as the gross vehicle weight. This refers to the weight of the vehicle, without passengers or any cargo. Once you determine the weight, you should buy auto car ramps that have a higher weight capacity than your vehicle’s weight. This way, you can be sure that your ramps will support your vehicle in the best way possible. Most ramps have the capacity to support loads of between 6500 to 10,000 pounds.
- Overall Construction Quality:
Most professional mechanics will always recommend the car ramps that are made in the USA. These are said to be quite reliable and safe by all standards. Generally, you should be attentive to the material that has been used in the making of the vehicle ramps that you consider buying.
This is the only way that you can be sure of your safety when you go underneath the vehicle. If a car ramp has so many negative reviews, you should stay clear of it. In most cases, the best ramps are the ones made of steel or aluminum.
- Height and Ground Clearance:
The other important thing to look out for is the height of the ramps. You should ensure that you have adequate access to the underside of the vehicle. Each automotive ramp should indicate the maximum height, which is the highest point. While looking at this, you should also consider the ground clearance, especially if you have low profile vehicles.
By so doing, you will be able to buy an auto ramp that has an ideal inclination for the cars with a low profile. This is essential as it will help in protecting any damage to the underside of the vehicle. There should be a balance between the inclination and the highest point on the ramp.
With these simple guidelines, you will be able to find the best car ramps to purchase. You will be sifting through various models and brands, with a clear mind on the factors that you will need to pay keen attention to. There are many benefits that you will enjoy when you have a high quality car ramp. The main advantage being the fact that you can carry out the general maintenance and repairs and save on the costs of having to go to the mechanic every now and then.
How to Safely Use a Heavy Duty Car Ramps?
When you have vehicle ramps, it is important to observe precaution so as to enhance safety. Just imagine lifting a load that is more than 3,000 pounds and then going underneath it. It is obvious that there is a great danger if the necessary safety measures are taken. If the car was to fall, there would serious damages, and possibly death. Here are is a simple guide on the safest ways to use ramps for cars.
- Get the Car to the Flat Part of the Ramp:
Ensure that when you drive your car up the ramp that it gets to the top part, where the ramp is leveled. This usually the top part of the automotive ramps and will hold the vehicle in a secure manner. You should NEVER leave the car on the sloppy part of the ramp as this will increase the danger levels and there is a very high possibility of the vehicle rolling backward.
- The Car Should be at the Centre:
When driving up the ramp, ensure that the wheels are at the center and are not hanging on the sides. Your ramp will only be able to handle the weight perfectly if the car is at the center. When any of the wheels hang, this will cause the vehicle to start sliding slowly and eventually fall off the ramp, which can cause damages to the car and serious injuries.
- Chocking Wheels:
While most car ramps have all the features to keep them safe, you should take more preventative measures. When the car is safely on the ramp, you should chock at least one wheels, if not both wheel, which is not elevated. This is a way of enhancing your safety by preventing any cases of the vehicle rolling off the ramp. It is better to be safe than sorry, even if you are using one of the best car ramps in the world.
Tips To Help Enhance Vehicle Ramp Safety:
- Inspect the ramp before using it and ensure that none of the parts is broken or defective, if it is, then does not use it.
- Place the ramps on a leveled ground and ensure that the wheels are positioned in a straight direction and aim for the center of the ramp.
- In order to get your car to the top of the ramp, get in the vehicle and apply the gas gently while striving to stay at the center. It is advisable to keep the driver’s door open as a safety precaution.
- If the car is skidding, it indicates that you may be moving too slow or too fast. This would require you to go back and re-align the vehicle to start all over again.
- When the vehicle is safely at the top of the car ramp, engage the parking brake and get out to check if it is at the center of the ramp.
- As an additional support, it is advisable to place floor jack stands before going underneath the vehicle to work on it.
There are so many car ramps for sale and even if you get different models, the most important thing is to learn how to use them in a safe manner. We hope that this simple guide and tips will help you make use of your steel car ramps in the best way possible, without compromising on your safety.
As you may have realized, there are so many different types of ramps on the market. In order to find the best car ramps, there are considerations that should be put into focus. From the various models that we analyzed above, our recommendation is the Race Ramps RR-56-2 56″ Race Ramp – 2 Piece. This is a sturdy unit and will not disappoint it in any way as it will serve all your needs effectively.
If you found this car rams review useful, please feel free to leave your comment and also share it around with your friends and loved ones.