For most car owners, they may not be able to tell, which the best spark plugs are. So if you are searching for the same, it is comforting to know that you are not alone and the good news is that you have come to the right place. Every professional mechanic will tell you that as long as you have good spark plugs, then you can be sure to enjoy great engine performance. If you can make a decision and settle for high performance spark plugs, then you will be extending the lifespan of your engine and will have very minimal maintenance service and repairs.
The best performance spark plugs are the electrodes that are designed in such a manner that the produced voltage. This will help in powering up the engine, turning wheels and also igniting the fuel. Since we are aware that most car owners may not have the knowledge to find top rated spark plugs, this is why we have put together this guide. At the end of it all, you should be able to make an informed decision and find the best spark plugs on the market.
Different Types of Spark Plugs
One of the essential factors to note when in search of the best spark plugs is that there are different kinds on the market. Finding the best quality spark plugs would, therefore, entail being able to understand the different types and what each has to offer. This makes it easier for you to settle for the plugs that will serve your needs in the best way possible. Let’s look at the main types of spark plugs.
- Iridium Spark Plugs:
Iridium spark plugs are essentially good spark plugs and will not disappoint you. The fact that they have an iridium tip is what ensures that they are able to deliver combustion in a comprehensive manner. When you invest in this set of spark plugs, you can expect them to serve you for a very long period of time, since they are built to last. While they are considered to be the most expensive spark plugs, they are worth it as they even have a fine wire that facilitates smooth electric current to flow to your engine.
- Platinum Spark Plugs:
The platinum spark plugs are also considered among the high performance spark plugs that you can get for your vehicle. The main reason why they are considered to be pricy is due to the fact that they are made of platinum. However, it is worth noting that they do not transfer as much power as the copper spark plugs, since platinum, does not conduct electricity as good as copper. They are also quite durable and you do not have to worry about erosion when you have these spark plugs.
- Double Platinum Spark Plugs:
The double platinum spark plugs are so similar to the platinum spark plugs and as such, these are also among the best performance spark plugs. The main difference with their platinum counterparts is the tip and some of them also come with a fine wire center. They are also equipped with a platinum disc, which is some of the main reasons they tend to cost more than the platinum spark plugs. You are assured of longevity and your engine will run smoothly for a long period of time.
- Copper Spark Plugs:
If you are looking for the top rated spark plugs, then chances are you will land on the copper spark plugs. These are very common and will be found on most vehicles. They have a shorter lifespan than other models, but they are known to deliver maximum power. Copper spark plugs will erode after a while, but as long as they are good condition, you will get great engine power and they do not overheat when they are in use.
If you are committed to finding the best spark plugs on the market, then you will have to choose from these 4 categories that we have highlighted above. Now let us get into more details and look at specific brands and models of spark plugs.
How to Choose the Right Spark Plug
Having come this far and looking at difference spark plugs, it is important to also know how to identify the best spark plugs. There are a number of factors that come into play when it comes to the choice of good spark plugs. Some of these considerations include:
- Type of Spark Plug: As discussed earlier, there are different types of spark plugs and this is an essential consideration when searching for high performance spark plugs. Spark plugs will either be made of copper, platinum or iridium. It is advisable to consider platinum and iridium spark plugs.
- Overall Construction: When looking at this factor, you need to look at the diameter and the length of the thread of the spark plug. This will help you to choose the best performance spark plugs for your vehicle.
- Durability: You will also want to consider spark plugs that will last for a very long time. Copper spark plugs have a shorter lifespan and as such, you should go for the top rated spark plugs made of platinum or iridium.
- Heat Range: Consider the speed at which the best spark plugs on the market will transfer the heat from the tip to the cylinder head.
- Budget: In order to find the best quality spark plugs, you need to have a price range in mind. Look at the various models within your budget and pick one that offers the best features.
Our Top Pick best spark plugs Ultimate Reviews
We are aware that there are so many different types of spark plugs on the market and this may make it difficult to establish the best spark plugs. However, we have made this easier for you by reviewing some of the best quality spark plugs:
8 New NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs TR5IX # 7397
If your interest is inclined towards iridium spark plugs, then you should consider this particular model. They have an ultra-fine center electrode, which is thick enough to ensure that you get excellent performance. The durability of these spark plugs is also a great advantage as you will be able to use them for a prolonged period. Their thin size makes them ideal as they have an accurate plug that will be consistent at all times. For your engine to run effectively, you will need spark plugs that are able to create a full combustion, and this is what the 8 New NGK spark plugs offer.
Iridium is the strongest element used in making spark plugs and this is part of the reason why the NGK iridium IX spark plugs are rather expensive than other models. The innovation that is used in making this spark plugs is what is responsible for ensuring that you get the best of the spark plug technology and performance. Iridium is a hard metal and this contributes significantly to the durability of the spark plugs. Generally, they will reduce the voltage that is required to be able to ignite a spark, which a big advantage.
The NGK iridium spark plugs are known to improve ignition and response on the throttle. They also come with an amazing anti fouling feature, making them the best choice for most people. With a tip of o.0mm made of iridium and welded with laser technology, you rest assured that this is the best set of spark plugs that will work for your vehicle.
Iridium spark plugs Features:
- The elongated nose on the iridium spark plugs is an excellent feature as it helps to eliminate any cases of anti-fouling.
- The insulator on the spark plugs has corrugated ribs, which are incredible in that they will stop any flashover during the power transfer process.
- The NGK iridium IX spark plugs are quite durable since they are made of iridium alloy, which has a very high melting point.
- The triple gasket seal is another feature that has tons of advantages, with the main one being the fact that it prevents any gas leaks, during combustion.
- With the NGK iridium spark plugs, you will enjoy anti- corrosion and anti-seizing properties, thanks to the trivalent metal plating.
Set of 16 Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram 5.7 Liter HEMI NKG Spark Plugs Mopar
The 5.7 Hemi spark plugs are made of MOPAR Nickel and as such, they are of great quality. These are spark plugs that are made to work on different models of vehicles including 2009 – 2013 Dodge Ram, 2009 Chrysler Aspen, 2009 – 2013 Dodge Charger, 2009 – 2013 Chrysler 300,1500 2009 – 2013 Dodge Durango, 2009 – 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2010 – 2013 Dodge Ram 2500, 2009 – 2013 Dodge Challenger, 2009 – 2010 Jeep Commander and 2011 – 2013 Dodge Ram 3500. With these set of spark plugs, you are assured of great engine performance.
There are so many benefits that associated with the Hemi spark plugs. Some of these benefits include a stable ignition, anti-fouling and most importantly, you will get improved throttle response. The ground electrodes on the spark plugs are an added advantage in that they will minimize the quenching effect of the engine. At the end of it all, you are assured of a reliable spark and this will result in less fuel consumption, which saves you quite some money. You will notice that these are the best spark plugs for 5.7 l Hemi, due to the versatile features that they have.
If you are looking for high quality spark plugs that will serve your needs in the best way possible, then you should consider the MOPAR spark plugs 5.7 Hemi. Unlike the ordinary spark plugs, these set comes with a longer insulator nose, which is mainly responsible for the anti- fouling when you are running your engine. NGK is a renowned manufacturer of high quality spark plugs. When you have these spark plugs you will not have backfires or cases of frequent stalling of your engine. In addition the anti-corrosion and anti-seizing properties that enhance the performance and durability of the spark plugs.
Hemi spark plugs Features
- Since the 7 Hemi spark plugs are made of nickel, they have a very high melting point and as such, they work on high-tech engines and durable.
- With the iridium tip, the Hemi spark plugs will guarantee that you will always have a consistent and steady spark every time.
- The spark plugs have a number of benefits, which include greater acceleration, improve engine performance as well as fuel efficiency.
- These are the best spark plugs for 5.7 l Hemi as they have a trivalent metal plating, with anti-seizing and anti-corrosion properties.
- The Mopar spark plugs 5.7 Hemi has a great design and they have integrated modern technology, which makes them ideal for various engines.
NGK # 9029 Laser Iridium Spark Plug DILKAR6A11 —– 4 PCS *NEW*
A laser iridium spark plug is considered to be quite effective and is guaranteed to deliver exceptional engine performance. The NGK # 9029 is one such set of plugs, which is made using modern technology and high quality materials. This is a set of spark plugs that are designed to serve the needs of street racers as they will give your engine incredible power. Most automotive experts consider these iridium spark plugs among the best that you will come across on the market.
There are quite a number of benefits that are associated with the NGK iridium spark plugs. For starters, you will get an improved throttle response and also get a stable ignition at all times. These are known to be quite durable and as such, they are a good option to consider when you want reliable spark plugs. The spark plugs will also give you a steady spark and you will get amazing anti fouling capabilities. The fact the spark plugs are made of iridium explains why they are costly as iridium is one of the rare and high end metals. There is also an electric quenching effect that is made possible by the ground electrode which is tapered.
The main reason why you can be sure that the NGK laser iridium spark plug is effective is the fact that it has a laser welded iridium tip. In addition, it comes with a long insulator nose that will inhibit fouling of the engine. The corrugated ribs on the insulator are designed to prevent flashovers. The fact that iridium has a very high melting point is the sole reason why these spark plugs will last for a very long time and you will not have to worry about overheating issues. Finally, the trivalent metal plating makes provide anti-corrosion and anti-seizing capabilities.
laser iridium spark plug Features
- With the laser iridium spark plug, you will not have to worry about flashover or fouling as it has corrugated ribs and an elongated nose insulator.
- The fine iridium tip, laser welded at the center of these iridium spark plugs will be responsible for the consistent sparks that you will get on your engine.
- The versatile nature of these spark plugs will give you many benefits like improved throttle response, anti-fouling and great ignitability.
- There is a trivalent metal plating these NGK iridium spark plugs that prevent corrosion and seizing of the engine.
- The high melting point of the iridium allow enhances the durability of the NGK laser iridium spark plug.
New Motorcraft (SP515) Spark Plug, (Pack of 8)
You should start by noting that the Motorcraft spark plugs are designed to work on Ford vehicles. Since they are specific to these models of vehicles, they are quite impressive and provide a lot of power to the engines and smooth running of the same. The spark plugs carry along a whole range of benefits including better throttle response. The spark plugs are already pre-calibrated and as such, when you are fitting them you will not need to gap them. Even if you are not an expert mechanic, you will not have any problems replacing these spark plugs.
Another important fact to note with the Motorcraft SP 515 do not work on every Ford vehicle, but specific ones. As such, you need to be very sure and check that your vehicle is compatible with the spark plugs. Some of the key things to check when buying these spark plugs is the model of the vehicle and the year of manufacture. This is the only way you can find the right spark plugs. At the end of it all, when you find the right model to work with these spark plugs, you will enjoy a whole range of benefits.
In addition, this SP 515 spark plug is ideal for Ford, Mercury and Lincoln vehicles. They are sold as a set of 8 spark plugs, which would be of great use. They are designed in such a manner that they will fit most specialty application and automobiles. These are platinum spark plugs, which are rated among the best, especially, due to their durability. You can change these spark plugs at 60,000 to 100,000 spark plugs.
Motorcraft spark plugs Features:
- Motorcraft spark plugs will give you great coverage and exceptional performance and can be changed at 60,000 to 100,000 intervals.
- The spark plugs are designed in such a manner that they will work with specific models of Ford, Mercury and Lincoln specialty applications and automobiles.
- The SP 515 spark plug has a platinum tip, which is highly rated for the high melting point and as such, you will get resistance to corrosion and also be sure to have it for a very long period of time.
- These spark plugs are known to have great economic value since they are sold as a pack of 8 pieces.
- With the Motorcraft SP 515, you can be sure of better throttle response and exceptional engine power and performance.
16 Piece Set of Bosch OEM Spark Plug # 0242230500 / FR8DPP33+ – Mercedes Benz OE #’s 0041591903 / 0041591926
Bosch is one of the best manufacturers in the automotive industry and as such, you can be assured that its products are of high quality. This is the same with the Bosch spark plugs, which come as a pack of 16 spark plugs. For most vehicle owners, this is quite economical and will save you a whole lot of cash. The good news is that the spark plugs work on different types of engines and carry a whole range of benefits due to the amazing features that they carry. The spark plugs will guarantee you great combustion as the ground electrodes facilitate access to the fuel.
If you are contemplating getting the Bosch spark plugs, you have nothing to worry about since the installation process is pretty much straightforward. One thing that should not worry you is setting the electrode gap, as they are already set at the factory. This is well calibrated and serves as an assurance of the high performance that these spark plugs are known for. Therefore, you do not need to make any adjustment and this makes the process of replacing them quite easy for anyone. The platinum tip enhances the durability of the spark plugs and the overall performance.
The center electrode is infused with platinum, which is a great conductor of electrical current. This is what makes them rank as high performance spark plugs and will always provide quick and stable sparks at all times. Since they have gap electrode arches, they will cause a spark to occur without the use of many electrodes. The end result is that the ignition of the engine is much easier and smoother. You can rest assured that you will hardly suffer any backfires and be stalling when you have these set of spark plugs.
Bosch spark plugs Features:
- These spark plugs come with a great number of features that makes them ideal for different engines and application.
- The Bosch spark plugs are availed as a pack of 16 pieces, which will serve you for a long time and help you save some cash.
- When it comes to the process of installation and replacement of the spark plugs, it is easy, without a sweat since the electrode gap is already preset at the factory.
- These are high performance spark plugs, which are built to last and serve you for a very long time, enhancing the performance of your engine.
- These spark plugs have a platinum tip, which will conduct the current effectively, giving you amazing engine power.
Advantages of Using High-Quality Spark Plugs in Cars
As long as you can pick the best spark plugs for your car, there are so many advantages that you can enjoy. Some of the main benefits of using good spark plugs include:
- Efficient Fuel Consumption: Investing in high performance spark plugs is a great decision and this will lead to fuel efficiency. As long as the spark plugs are working ad required, then you can be sure that the fuel will be burned properly.
- Improved Acceleration: When the throttle response is improved by the best performance spark plugs, you will realize that the acceleration will also improve. This makes your engine run smoothly, without any hitches.
- Adequate Engine Power: The power of the engine will highly depend on the combustion. As such, when you have the top rated spark plugs fitted in your car, you will notice a significant improvement of the engine power.
- Durability: You do not need to keep changing your spark plugs every now and then. This is the main advantage of getting the best spark plugs on the market that will last for a huge mile coverage.
- Incredible Performance: The best quality spark plugs are known to offer you exceptional performance. This makes it easier to start the engine and you will not have problems with engine backfires, fouling or even stalling. As a result of this improved performance, you will also reduce the visits to the mechanics.
After all, is said and done, the benefits of finding the best spark plugs are numerous. You will end up prolonging the life of your engine and this will save you money and the trips you keep making to the mechanic’s shop. Take time to find the ideal spark plugs and you will be happy with the difference that you will experience.
We have done the best we could so as to make it easier for you to pick the best spark plugs for your vehicle. With all the factors and reviews, you should be able to make an informed decision. In our opinion, we advocate for the NGK # 9029 Laser Iridium Spark Plug DILKAR6A11, as the ideal spark plug. It is one of the best spark plugs on the market and can work on different types of engines. If this guide was useful, please leave a comment and feel free to share it with your circles.