A floor jack is an essential tool to have in your auto shop or car garage. Finding the best floor jack is the key to ensuring that all work beneath the vehicle is carried out in a safe manner. The American made floor jack should be the top choice for anyone looking to invest in a floor jack.
According to various studies, professional mechanics insist that the best floor jacks are the ones that are made in America. They are known to be quite stable and will help you do lift vehicles above the ground and provide excellent support for the same. There are so many models that are made in the USA and each of them has its own unique attributes.
While it is good to have a number of models, one may be confused on the right one to buy, but you have come to right place. We will review different models and offer expert recommendations to help you purchase the best model for a floor jack.
What is the best American Made Floor Jack?
If you have an interest in finding a floor jack made in USA, then sit back and read on. We have made the work easier by providing American made floor jack reviews. From this, we hope that you can be able to make an informed decision on the best floor jack that will serve your needs, effectively.
Our Top Pick Floor jacks made in USA Comparison Chart
- Price : $$$
- Capacity : 3 Ton
- Body : Cast iron
- Product Dimensions : 31.5 x 7.2 x 15.5 inches
- Origin : USA
- Item Weight : 110 pounds
- Warranty : Check Product Page
- Price : $$$
- Capacity : 2 Ton
- Body : Cast iron
- Product Dimensions : 32 x 8 x 17 inches
- Origin : USA
- Item Weight : 99 pounds
- Warranty : Check Product Page
Hein-Werner HW93652 Blue Heavy Duty Service Jack – 3 Ton Capacity
The Hein Werner HW93652 is a 3 ton hydraulic jack made in the USA. This is among the best models that any car owner can have as it comes with diverse features. It is highly rated as a result of the precision it offers in load control. This is made possible by the U-joint release mechanism.
As far as stability goes, this floor jack does not disappoint since it has flagged plates, which will boost the stability of this floor jack made in USA. The lift arm is made of cast-iron, which makes it is strong and able to pump the jack effortlessly when lifting your load. The handle is made of one piece and this will eliminate cases of bending too much when using this floor jack.
The in-line pump in this Hein Werner floor jack will balance the jack and prevent any cases of off-center forces. This will reduce the wear and tear and enhances the durability and longevity of this particular model of the floor jack. The impressive maximum height of 18 ½ inches allows you to lift vehicles to the comfortable height, which gives you easy access to the components underneath.
The hydraulic pump is responsible for ensuring that you floor jack has the capacity to lift heavy loads with minimal efforts. You will not need to strain when you need to elevate your vehicle so that you can work underneath it. The solid wheels and casters will not only help in navigating the floor jack but also ensure that floor jacks us sturdy and stable at all times.
Hein-Werner HW93652 Blue Heavy Duty Service Jack
- The U-joint mechanism on the Hein Werner floor jack enhances the precision when it comes to load support and control.
- The pump base and lift arm are made of cast iron and will ensure that you get sufficient strength and durability on the floor jack.
- As a safety precaution, the hydraulic pump is sealed so as to avoid any form of contamination and prolong the life of this 3 ton hydraulic floor jack.
- The wide frame and flagged side plates on the floor jack enhance the stability when it is in use.
- This model has the capacity to lift and support loads of up to 3 tons and can go to a maximum height of 18 ½ inches, without a problem.
Hein-Werner HW93642 Blue Hydraulic Service Jack – 2 Ton Capacity
The Hein Werner HW 93642 is assembled in the USA and has an appealing design, loaded with amazing features. The cast iron lift arm is effective for lifting heavy loads, without too much of a struggle. If you are looking for the best American made floor jack, you might as well go for this model. It is worth noting that the floor jack has the capacity to lift 2 tons of load and since it has a hydraulic pump, this will be pretty easy to accomplish.
This can work perfectly as a low profile floor jack since the minimum height is 3 ¾ inches, making is possible to slide the 2 ton hydraulic floor jack under the car. The maximum lift height is 20 inches and this allows you to be able to get enough room to work underneath the vehicle, without any difficulties. The hydraulic pump is sealed tightly and as such, you can be sure that there is no possibility of the fluid being contaminated.
One of the challenges with this Hein Werner floor jack is the one piece handle, which has some level of difficulty to remove. However, the one piece design of the handle is made in such a manner that it will give you solid support, unlike the two-piece handles. The pump base is also made of cast iron, which serves as an assurance of the quality of floor jack that you will be dealing with. Most floor jack reviews recommend this particular model of the floor jack for various functions.
The U-joint release mechanism will align the jack and ensure that there is accurate load control. These are some of the main reasons why the Hein Werner 2 ton floor jack ranks as the best floor jack for the money.
Hein-Werner HW93642 Blue Hydraulic Service Jack Features
- The cast iron pump base and the lift arm enhance the strength and durability of this floor jack.
- The U-Joint is a mechanism that has been incorporated so as to enhance the precision of load control.
- This floor jack has the capacity to lift loads of up to 2 tons.
- The minimum clearance height of Hein Werner HW93642 is 3 ¾ inches, with the maximum height being 20 inches.
- The wide frame, flagged side plates, front wheel and rear casters will provide exceptional stability and strength.
Things Should Be Consider When Buying A Floor Jack?
There are so many floor jacks for sale and looking for the American made floor jack can be quite engaging. In order to find the perfect floor jack, there are some considerations that you should bear in mind. Besides the American made jack reviews, there are other attributes, which you ought to consider. Here are some of the main factors:
- The Lift Capacity:
Every floor jack has the capacity that it is designed to lift. When shopping for the best floor jack, you ought to consider the maximum tonnage of the floor jack. Do not buy a floor jack that has a lower tonnage than the weight of the car, but it is important to note that you will not be lifting the entire vehicle with the floor jack.
- Construction Material:
Consider the type of material used to make the floor jack so that you can be assured of longevity. In most cases, the floor jack made in USA will be made cast iron, aluminum, and high quality steel. There are instances when the two or more materials will be amalgamated so as to enhance the strength and durability of the floor jack. If you were to pick a single material, go for aluminum, as it never disappoints.
- Ground Clearance Height:
Before going out to purchase your floor jack, you should be very clear on the profile design of the vehicle. If it is low, then you need to look for low profile jacks, so that they can easily slip under the car. When you look at the various floor jack reviews, you will realize that the minimum height is clearly indicated. Choose one that will fit under the vehicle, without any difficulties.
- Maximum Height Capability:
The maximum height that the floor jack can lift your vehicle is also an essential consideration. In most cases, you will realize that any automotive vehicle jack will be able to go as high as 18 to 20 inches, as the maximum height. When it comes to the use of floor jacks even a small difference of about 3 inches makes a whole lot of difference and as such, you should be very keen so that you can pick the best floor jack for the money.
- Consider the Lifting Speed:
The number of pumps that it takes for the floor jack to get to the maximum height is the lifting speed. Irrespective of the type of floor jack you need, you will definitely appreciate one that has a fast lifting mechanism. This means that you will not need to struggle with the floor jack and drain all your energy pumping it so many times. If all other factors check out, go for a model that will lift your load in the shortest time possible.
With these basic considerations, you will certainly be able to find the best American made floor jack, without much difficulty.
For more in depth information “How to Choose the Best Floor Jack” you should read this article from https://bestfloorjackguide.com/choose-the-best-floor-jack/
How to Use a Floor Jack?
It is one thing to buy the best floor jack and a totally different thing to use it correctly. One of the most critical aspects that you should be keen on, is to ensure your safety when using a floor jack. With this brief guide, we will highlight some basic principles, which are aimed at ensuring that your floor jack is used in a safe manner.
- Always make sure that you use the floor jack with jack stands as you cannot trust the floor jack on its own. It is true that an American made auto jack will be of excellent quality, but it is important to note that this is a mechanical device, which can fail at any time. Before going underneath the vehicle, always ensure that the vehicle is perfectly supported by floor jack stands.
- Unless there is an emergency, you should only jack up your car on a levelled ground. This is the only way you can be sure that the floor jack and the jack stands will support the vehicle without any difficulty. Also ensure that you are on a solid ground and if not, use a brick or a block of wood under the floor jack.
- When lifting and lowering the cars, you should this is slow motions, while observing the floor jack. This will allow you to identify any potential problems that the floor jack has. In the event that you notice any problem, you should stop using the floor jack right away.
- Every vehicle has jacking points that have been well marked out. Even when you have the best floor jack, you will only succeed in lifting the vehicle if you use the right points. In some vehicle models, the frame of the vehicle will be marked, for easier identification. If the vehicle is not marked, you can refer to owner’s manual. You may also check on the internet for the specific model of car and this allows you to make the most of the floor jack made in USA.
- If you are looking for more information about “How to Safely use a Floor Jack” go here
With all being said and done, you should consider getting an American made floor jack. From the floor jack reviews above, our recommendation would be the Hein-Werner HW93652 Blue Heavy Duty Service Jack – 3 Ton Capacity. It has a maximum tonnage of 3 tons, which makes it quite effective and can lift a wide range of vehicles.
We sincerely hope that this guide has been of great use to you and will help you make an informed decision. Please feel free to give your thoughts and also share this content with your friends and loved ones to help them find the best floor jack.