When you have a bike, there are instances when you will need to carry out some repairs. As such the bike is lifted using a floor jack and to enhance your safety, you would need a motorcycle front wheel chock. There are so many different wheel chocks for motorcycles on the market. The purpose of this guide is to help you find the best motorcycle wheel chock. We will review some of the best models and also highlight the factors that you ought to consider when looking to buy the motorcycle wheel chock that will serve your needs.
Essentially, wheel chocks for motorcycles are a great investment and as such, you will need to do all you can so as to find one that serves your interests and those of your bike. There many reviews on the internet on various models and these can be used to help in picking the right motorcycle trailer wheel chock. Remember the wheel chock is to make the bike steady when elevated, using a floor jack. Finding the wheel chock for your motorbike should not be so difficult, using this guide that we have put together. This guide will help you make an informed decision and ensure that you do not spend so much to get one.
Our Top Pick Best Motorcycle Front Wheel Chock Reviews
Getting a motorcycle front wheel chock can be challenging due to the numerous models that are on the market. If this is your first time to shop for the wheel chocks, you should follow our guide so as to make the right decision. We have reviewed some of the top rated models on the market and narrowed them down to these five:
Extreme Max 5001.5010 Standard Motorcycle Wheel Chock
The Extreme Max Motorcycle wheel chock is definitely worth consideration due to the numerous features that it carries. One of the things that you will certainly love is the fact that it a solid construction, which is enhanced by the sleek and stable design. This is the best motorcycle wheel chock as it will ensure that you get absolute safety and hold the bike in place to prevent any cases of tipping. It made of high quality steel and has a textured powder coat in matte black. This is an assurance of quality and durability. The sleek design is a great feature as it does not take too much space and will not compromise the stability of the motorcycle.
The combination of a solid boot and a front crossbar makes it a great motorcycle trailer chock. It will utilize the space on the floor and can also be used for multiple lifting. Their rear wheels come with cradle adjustments which will make the chock fit on the bike wheels properly. As such, you will be able to get amazing support, which sees to it that the bike is always stable. You can use the wheel chocks for all the wheels that are 17 – 21 inches in height and 3-5/32 to 7-3/ 32 in their width. This means that you can use the chocks with most of the motorcycles, as they are in this range.
This removable motorcycle wheel chock is designed in such a manner that it is easy to assemble and use. You will be able to secure your bike easily, without much difficulty. You will not need to worry about getting a helping hand since you can operate it alone. One thing that you can be sure about this wheel chock is the fact that it will serve your needs in the best way possible and also last for a very long time. It is a worthwhile consideration and will perfectly fit most bike wheels.
Extreme Max Motorcycle wheel chock Features
- It comes with a front cross bar and boot, which are quite solid. As such, the motorcycle front wheel chock will provide you great stability.
- The setup process for this wheel chock is quite easy as it will be bolted without any problems. You can actually be able to operate on your own without being assisted.
- The Extreme Max Motorcycle wheel chock comes with multiple wheel cradle adjustments which ensure that your bike wheels fit perfectly.
- If you are looking for a durable wheel chock, this would be the right one as it is made of durable steel. In addition, it has a black matte powder coat, that enhances its appearance and strength.
- It is made in a manner that it will accommodate wheels that are between 17 and 21 inches high and 3=5/32 and 7-3/32 wide, conveniently.
MaxxHaul 70271 Heavy Duty Motorcycle Wheel Chock
The Maxxhaul motorcycle wheel chock comes with a wheel adjustable locking system. As such, this can be used on either the front or rear motorcycle wheels, without any problems. You will be able to use this wheel chock on the wheel that ranges from 15 inches to 22 inches, in size. Additionally, this will also accommodate wheels that are 3 to 5 inches wide. The overall design of this wheel chock is such that it will be able to secure the wheels of most motorcycles that are on the market. This gives you the confidence and assurance that your bike is stable and can hardly trip when hoisted using a jack.
The motorcycle wheel chock guarantees users the maximum strength when in use. It will be able to load and secure your bike and hold it, without compromising on the safety. As such, you will have an easy time to clean and repair bike as it gives you the convenience you will need. As for the strength and durability, this particular model does not disappoint as it is made of heavy duty steel and has a black powder coat finish. This will give you the strength required as well as longevity as it is resistant to rust and corrosion. You can fully trust the maximum strength and stability that this wheel chock promises to deliver.
Speaking on stability, this is one of the unique wheel chocks for motorcycles as it comes with a practical pivoting cradle that will make it possible for you to roll the bike into the wheel chock and secure it. It also comes with anchor points that will give you the much stability when you are working on the bike. You will enjoy the 6 different cradle adjustments to accommodate the various diameters for motorcycle wheels. You will be able to secure a motorbike that is in a trailer or being hauled. You will enjoy the benefit of functionality as well as longevity with this wheel chock.
Maxxhaul motorcycle wheel chock Features
- The Maxxhaul motorcycle wheel chock is a great and is designed in such a way that it will be easy to load and strap down bikes on trailers or truck beds.
- It comes with a safety locking mechanism in that it will lock the front wheels of the bike in place, automatically.
- This is an ideal motorcycle front wheel chock that is made of heavy duty steel and has a powder coat finish, which makes it durable.
- It will accommodate wheels between 3 to 5 inches wide and hold them securely in place.
- The wheel chock has a great design and this makes it easier to handle it without any assistance. You can strap down the bike on your own.
Baxley Sport Chock – Black Crinkle
The Baxley motorcycle chock is suitable for stabilizing your motorbike when you are cleaning, storing or carrying out repairs. It is a secure wheel chock and can be adjusted by one person, due to the simple, yet effective design that it has. The motorcycle will easily roll into the chock and be locked in the position easily. There is an innovative swivel cradle feature that is part of this wheel choc and it makes it easier to load and unload the motorbike. You will be able to adjust the wheel chock such that it will fit different sizes of wheels. This is one of the best options that you can come across on the market and it will not disappoint you in any way.
The Baxley wheel chock is designed in such a manner that it can be used to secure motorbikes as well as scooters in the upright position. Wheels that are 16 inches to 18 inches and have a width of 110 to 130 mm will be accommodated. If you want to transport your bike on a trailer or even a flat bed truck, this would be the ideal wheel chock to use. The movable cradle is also intertwining, which makes it easy to fasten and even remove the chock. When you have placed the wheel on a chock, this particular model allows you to hook it to a lever, for enhanced safety.
There are 4 rubber stops, which are a pretty thing and will grant you a firm grip on various surfaces. With the Baxley sport chock, you are assured of getting unrivaled stability due to the amazing clamp design that it has. It is ruggedly made and has a solid construction, which makes it durable and able to hold most bikes in place. It is made of heavy duty steel that is properly welded. The surface where the tire goes, on this chock, has good traction due to the toothed trough, providing a good grip.
Baxley motorcycle chock Features
- The Baxley sports Chock is made of heavy duty steel tubing and has a black powder coat, which enhances its durability.
- With an ideal weight of 21 pounds, it is very easy to move it around and even carry it when you need to.
- The innovative cradle on the Baxley wheel chock will swivel and has intertwining teeth. This makes it easy to secure your bike and remove it.
- The thick rubber that has been included in the design of this wheel chock will give it a rigid grip and as such, it will not slide while in use.
- The Baxley motorcycle chock accommodates wheel sizes of 16 to 18 inches, which are between 110 to 130mm wide.
Pit Posse 11-017 Motorcycle Removable Wheel Chock Nest Tire Trailer Holder Chrome
The Pit Posse 11-017 is a motorcycle removable wheel chock that can work on any bike. This chock will hold down the front wheel that is up to 6 ½ inches wide and this allows you to work on the motorcycle without any problems. It comes with mounting points that are quite convenient and will allow you to remove the chock easily, when not in use. The mounting hardware is included in the package when buying the wheel chock. As such, you will not need to struggle when you are setting up and fitting your motorbike on the wheel chock. This is the real deal and you will not go wrong as it is removable and quite efficient in holding the bike.
This removable motorcycle wheel chock is quite versatile and comes with multi-functional features. It has a self-locking feature, which is quite useful as you can count on it to get the best results. The zinc plate cradle comes with all the hardware sets that you need and there is also a bracket that pivots to secure the locks on the wheel of the motorcycle. Fixing and removing the wheel chock is quite easy, thanks to the all-inclusive set of hardware that has been included. You will be able to load the bike individually, as the process is quite easy and can be handled by one person. This is done with a single push and the bike locks in place securely.
This is one of the wheel chocks that are quite adjustable due to the unique design that it has. It is made of high quality steel, which not only makes it strong but also durable. The gold finish on the other hand, gives the wheel chock an appealing look and prevents corrosion and rusting. You can use this motorcycle trailer wheel chock to secure your bike in a vertical orientation. This is one of the best wheel chocks that you will come across on the market.
Pit Posse 11-017 Motorcycle Removable Wheel Chock Features
- The motorcycle trailer wheel chock is made of heavy duty steel and has a gold finish. This makes it strong and also durable.
- It has an adjustable design and as such, you can be able to load bikes with tires that are up to 6 ½ inches wide.
- The removable motorcycle wheel chock is meant to be used by a single person. The easy push feature makes it possible to enjoy individual loading.
- This is a functional wheel chock that can be used for different tasks.
- Being a motorcycle removable wheel chock, it comes with all the relevant mounting hardware. This makes it easier to secure and offload the wheel bike.
Lock ‘N Load (BK1000) Orange/Black Deluxe Motorcycle Wheel Chock Combo Kit
The Lock n load wheel chock is one of the most versatile chocks that you will come across on the market. It is designed in such a manner that it can be used for all the motorcycles. It is made of solid steel and as such, you will be able to enjoy great strength as well as durability with this wheel chock. The powder coated finish is an added advantage that will enhance the longevity of the wheel chock. This will prevent any cases of rust or corrosion from affecting your wheel chock. This should be a great choice when transporting your motorbike, even in an open trailer since it can withstand all forms of weather patterns.
There is a mounting plate that is included, which is convenient and makes it easier to load and remove the bike from the wheel chock. This is one of the most trusted wheel chocks and will eliminate any fears of the motorbike falling when you are in transit. The mounting plate has a built-in tire tie down, which enhances the security of the bike. Overall, this is one of the easiest wheel chocks to use and install on your trailer. The good news is that is can be used for all different types of bikes and provides you with the ultimate stability and security.
The rear ratcheting tie-down will be used to enhance stability and rigidity. As such, this ensures that the bike stays intact even when you have to go through a rough terrain. The self-locking deluxe Lock and Load wheel chock will not disappoint you in any way. In addition, to the unique design and solid construction, you will get all the necessary hardware that you will need to use it effectively. There are 2 self-tightening ratchet straps that are included in the wheel chock package and it will work up to 26 inch tire. All you will need is to find a longer strap.
Lock n load wheel chock Features
- This motorcycle front wheel chock is a combo kit that has front and rear tie downs to enhance security and safety of your bike.
- The Lock and Load wheel chock has a deluxe wheel chock that is supported by two ratchet tie downs.
- You will be able to enjoy the optimum performance as the wheel chock comes with a mounting plate and this makes it one of the most trusted wheel chocks for motorbikes.
- The Lock n load wheel chock is made of solid steel, which is of exceptional quality. In addition, it is also powder coated, which is an assurance of strength and durability.
- It works with different tire sizes since it is quite adjustable. You can use the wheel chock to tie down tires up to 26 inches.
Think To Consider When Buying a Best Motorcycle Wheel Chock
When you are out shopping for the best motorcycle wheel chock, the reviews are an essential consideration. However, there are other things that you should bear in mind so as to ensure that you get the right model to serve your needs in the best way possible. We have put together some of the critical considerations that will help you get the ideal motorcycle front wheel chock.
- Size of the Wheel: The first and most essential steps when shopping for wheel chocks for motorcycles is to ensure that you know the size of the wheels on your motorbike. Ideally, if your bike has wheels that are between 17 and 21 inches, then it means that you can use all the standard wheel chocks. However, if your wheels are not within this range, you will need to find one that will fit the exact size of your wheels.
- Placement: In a bid to narrow down the choice of the motorcycle wheel chock that you will buy, you need to be sure where you intend to use the wheel chock on. There are some that will be used in the garage to support the bike, while others are meant to be used to transport bikes. It is important to be sure of the intended purpose so that you can get the right one. We highly recommend picking a wheel chock that is multi-functional.
- Security Features: The essence of the motorcycle trailer chock is to ensure that the bike is secured and does not fall, As such, you need to look at the security features and hardware that is included like the tie downs. While there are models that claim that you may not need the straps when using the chocks, you need to find one that has such features. You would not want to risk having your motorbike falling over from the trailer.
- Construction Material: Buying a wheel chock is a huge investment and as such, you should go for a model that is made from high quality materials. This is the only way that you can be sure that the wheel chock will serve your needs for a very long time. Quality materials will also see to it that you get the strength and stability that you need. The finish is also a good factor to look into. Go for models that have a powder coat finish so as they will resist rust and corrosion.
- Price Range: We know that you must have been told that cheap is always expensive. However, it is important to note that this does not necessarily mean that expensive brands are always the best. Anytime you find a particular motorcycle trailer chock, be sure to compare it with other models within the price range. This is a good way to ensure that you do not end paying so much for a product that does not have so much to offer.
- Warranty and Reviews: Never be in a rush to buy your wheel chocks before getting as much information as possible. Find out from the dealer about the warranty information that it has. In addition, you should also look at various consumer reviews so as to ensure that you have a sneak peak of what to expect.
How to Use a Motorcycle Wheel Chock
Once you have found the best motorcycle front wheel chock, learning how to use it properly is essential. Here is a simple guide on the steps to follow:
- Step 1: The first step is mounting the wheel chock on the trailer or setting it up in your garage.
- Step 2: The next step is the placement of the bike on the wheel chocks for motorcycles. You should ensure that it is stable and use the straps to secure it properly on the wheel chock.
- Step 3: Securing is one of the most crucial steps when using a motorcycle wheel chock. Both ends of the motorbike should be secured. You should tighten the straps on the front and back wheels and ensure that the tie is firm and secure. You should not move until you are sure that the bike is securely tied down to the wheel chock.
- Step 4: When the bike is secured to the wheel chock, the next step is to compress the front forks. This is an easy process as all you need to do is push the handlebars on the bike downwards. You should use too much force to exert pressure on the bike.
- Step 5: Finally, engage the bike in a front gear. This is a good way to ensure that it does not move backward. This will enhance the functionality of the removable motorcycle wheel chock.
With this guide, you can easily be able to pick the best motorcycle wheel chock. We have put together all the essential details to serve as a guide and help you make an informed decision. While all the wheel chocks for motorcycles above are great, we highly recommend the Extreme Max 5001.5010 Standard Motorcycle Wheel Chock. This is a great motorcycle front wheel chock that will serve your needs in the best way possible. If this guide has been useful, please share it with others so that they can gain this knowledge.