Whether you own a home garage or a commercial auto shop, one of the most critical items to have is a floor jack and the Arcan ALJ3T is one of the best options that are available. Getting a high quality aluminum car jack is imperative and you cannot afford to compromise on this, as it directly affects your safety. You can imagine the type of risk involved when you need to lift 3 tons of load off the ground.
Having a reliable Arcan 3 ton aluminum floor jack will give you the peace of mind that you will need when working underneath your vehicle. If you are not sure if you should buy the Arcan ALJ3T aluminum floor jack or not, then this review will help you make an informed decision. Here is a detailed analysis of this model, with a highlight of all the unique features.
Arcan ALJ3T Aluminum Floor Jack – 3 Ton Capacity
Just as the name implies, the Arcan ALJ3T has the capacity to lift loads of up to 3 tons, comfortably. This is one of the good floor jacks that comes loaded with a wide range of versatile features. The floor jack is made of aluminum, which gives it the lightweight of only 56 pounds. Being an aluminum floor jack, you are assured of exceptional strength and durability. The manufacturer has gone to the extent of adding lightening holes so as to make this floor jack portable.
This is a low profile floor jack as it has a minimum height of 3 ¾ inches and will go as high 18 1/8 inches. The dual piston pump facilitates the speedy lifting mechanism and as such, you will be able to get your load to the maximum height in only 12 pumps. As a precaution, the saddle of the jack has a rubber padding atop which is meant to protect the finish of the vehicle from any damage and denting. Fortunately, this also serves to enhance the grip with the load when it is in the air and as such there are very slim chances of slippage.
The two piece handle is also well padded, which gives you a firm grip while protecting your hands from blisters and other injuries. When storing the floor jack, you can disassemble the handle so as to store it with much ease. There are two fixed wheels on the front and swivel casters on the rear side of this Arcan floor jack. These wheels will facilitate movement and also enhance the overall stability. The side mounted handles will help in the movement, carrying and positioning of the floor jack.
As a safety mechanism, the 3 ton floor jack has overload and bypass valves. These are very critical and will let you use the floor jack with confidence as they will prevent over pumping and overloading of the floor jack. This is a great investment and you will use for a very long period of time. It is made of anodized aluminum and as such, it cannot rust and will last for a very long period of time. This is a floor jack that meets all the strict standards of the 2009 ASME PALD, making it an ideal choice for all people who need to lift loads of up to 3 tons.
Arcan ALJ3T Aluminum Floor Jack Features
- This aluminum car jack is made of anodizing aluminum and has very thick frame side plates, which make it strong and durable.
- The fast rising action is attributable to the dual pump pistons that are on the Arcan ALJ3T floor jack.
- The bypass and overload safety valves serve as protective measures against the overloading or over pumping the floor jack beyond the rated capacity. The piston dust shields are responsible for preventing contamination of the hydraulic fluid.
- Besides being very light at 56 pounds, this Arcan floor jack has the capacity to lift loads of up to 3 tons, with the lifting range being 3 ¾ to 18 1/8 inches.
- There is a quick lock feature which will facilitate the engagement and disengagement of the handle valves on the floor jack.
Why Should You Buy the Arcan Floor Jack?
- Fast Rising Action: The rapid rise action is made possible by the dual pump pistons, which raise the floor jack to the maximum height with minimal pumps. Each of the pistons has dust shields that protect the hydraulic from any form of contamination.
- Higher Heights and Capacity: With the Arcan floor jack, you will be able to lift loads of up to 3 tons and the lifting range is between 3 ¾ inches to 18 ¼ inches.
- Strong and Portable: Being made of aluminum, this Arcan floor jack is quite light, yet sturdy. It has superior stability and will last for a very long period of time.
- Enhanced Safety: This is one of the 3 ton aluminum floor jack that is built to last. The thick side plates and the strengthened lift arm are part of the exceptional features that boost the strength and safety of this model.
How to Operate the Arcan Floor Jack?
You should always check the vehicle service manual so as to learn how to operate the floor jack and the recommended surface.
- To Lift the Load: Start by closing the valve by turning the floor jack handle clockwise. Ensure that it is completely tight and then place the jack under the vehicle such that the saddle is in contact with the lift points. Pump the floor jack until the saddle gets to the load and once again check the position to ensure that it is firm. Lift the load to the desired height and then place your jack stands at the specified areas. Do not go on the underside of the vehicle without placing the jack stands.
- To Lower the Load: You should open the release valve by turning the handle in the counterclockwise direction. As soon as the release valve is opened, the saddle will lower the load. This should be done in slow motions so as to prevent shock load on the jack stands. Remove the jack stands and use the Arcan floor jack to lower the load completely.
How to Buy a High Quality Floor Jack?
If you are looking for the best 3 ton aluminum floor jack, here are the factors to consider:
- Lifting Capacity: Consider the rating of the floor jack in terms of the maximum weight that it can lift. This is a safety measure so as to ensure that you are lifting the required weight.
- Lifting Range: What are the minimum and the maximum height of the Arcan floor jack that you wish to buy. This is a very critical consideration.
- Construction Material: Since a floor jack is a long term investment, find one that has quality construction material. Buying an aluminum floor jack is a safe bet in terms of strength and durability.
- Profile Design: This is mostly influenced by the profile design of the vehicle. If you have the lowered cars, you would need a low profile floor jack.
- Lifting Speed: You would not want to end up with a floor jack that takes too long to reach the maximum height. Find one that has a speedy lifting mechanism such that you can lift your loads with the least number of strokes on the pump.
The Arcan ALJ3T floor jack is one of the leading models on the market. We highly recommend it as a top rated 3 ton aluminum floor jack. We are certain that when you buy this floor jack, you will not be disappointed and it will most likely exceed your expectations.
If you have found this article useful, please feel free to share it around with your friends and loved ones. This would go a long way in helping them get the best Arcan floor jack.